Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cinnamon Pumpkin and Black Bean Tacos

It's the best time of the year...pumpkin time. Something significant that I recently learned is that you can do a scary amount of things with just one medium sized pumpkin. This past weekend I finally took mine and gutted it, cut it into pieces, and roasted it. Now I have 4 tuba wares sitting in my fridge full of either pureed pumpkin or chunks of roasted pumpkin. Out of desperation for good food with a lack of groceries, I decided to get creative with my pumpkin and the cinnamon soaked black beans that I had conveniently soaked two days before. The result: Cinnamon Pumpkin and Black Bean Tacos

What you need:                           *makes about 4-5 tacos
1 Cup of chopped up roasted pumpkin
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 cup of black beans (preferably soaked in cinnamon)
Feta cheese
Provolone cheese
2 tbsp of diced or chopped onions
1/2 tsp of salt
Corn tortillas

What you do:
Take a skillet and melt 1 tsp of oil on it, followed by sauteing the onions until they soften. Add the pumpkin, sprinkle with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and saute for about 7 minutes. Lastly, add the beans and saute them all together for 3-5 minutes.

Place the pumpkin and beans into a bowl while you warm the tortillas on the skillet, melting the provolone cheese on the tortillas. Once they are done, fill up your tacos and sprinkle feta cheese (I topped mine with parmesan but it would be better with feta) and cinnamon on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment